Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ted Drewes

Lately I have been wanting a treat. I have been running outside or going to the gym every day (minus Sundays) since I last posted about running! Go me! So I deserve a delicious refreshment. I always get the urge when I am out running errands, because we all know how boring they can be sometimes... So I try to decide of a good place to stop for a treat. My go-to sugar pick-me-up used to be Cold Stone. Oh man. Cake batter ice cream with gummi bears and graham cracker crust. I got that every time I went. I remember Mal and Craig even brought it to me after my surgery two years ago. It was the first thing I ate and it tasted soooo delicious! It always does! But for some reason I don't really crave it anymore.

Excuse the bad picture of me. We had just spent a few hours at Six Flags.

And it's probably because I spent a couple months living in St. Louis, only a few miles from the best treat ever. Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. Nothing compares. And nothing feels as good. But the problem is, once you pop, you just can't stop. Once you taste the amazing goodness of this delicious treat you'll want more. And unfortunately this is what I want right now. I want a strawberry shortcake from Ted Drewes. Or mint flavored custard with crushed Oreos. I wonder if they deliver...

I just thought of Ted Drewes because I had seen a friend on Facebook become a "fan" of it. And I don't usually do the whole fan thing. Unless I really LOVE it. Like Anthropologie. :) Well I could not pass up this opportunity to become of something that I really do LOVE.

When Kelli came to visit me last year in St. Louis, I told her I would take her here. She sounded a little hesitant, but I know she fell in love with it instantly. I am pretty sure that seeing how many people were outside standing in line at 10:30pm was a pretty good indication that they were good. This is the crowd that they get all the time. There never really is a good time to go. It's always busy. Kinda like my other love, Sprinkles. :)


Who wants to take a trip to St. Louis with me??

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! When you were describing that Cold Stone combo, i was thinking, "Hey, that's what we took her in the hospital!" Sure enough, you remember it too. Thanks for the shout-out.

    i'll go to St. Louis with you. But you know me and spontaneity...the trip will have to be planned for at least 2 years before we can actually make it happen.

    i miss you and our dates to Cold Stone!

    ReplyDelete