Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Love Costco

This week while stopping at Costco for a routine gas up, we decided to go inside and grab a few things. What was going to be a quick stopped turned into a lunch break! As we found our way to the back of the store I thought I could smell some things cooking and a lot of commotion. We turned the corner and found this!


All the samples were set up in one area. You just went along the row and grabbed what you wanted. We parked our cart and began enjoying all the delicious samples. Pizza, chips and dips, drinks, hot wings, meatballs, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, ice cream and blueberries... it was Costco sample heaven! My favorite by far was the chicken salad sandwiches. It was the canned shredded chicken with a little mayonnaise and PESTO sauce on wheat bread. I loved the pesto in it. I am going to have to add that next time I make those sandwiches.

We used our cart as our lunch table.

This wasn't our normal costco that we go to, so we asked the cashier if it's always like that. And he said it's not always clumped together in one spot, but that they do have between 20 and 30 samples out on any given day. He said that Costco has the one of the highest volume of traffic so they sample A LOT. I'll have to stop at this one more often! Needless to say, we left with full stomachs, grinning ear to ear.

But I don't think I have ever left a Costco store with a frown on my face.

1 comment: