Friday, February 12, 2010

Long Live Lumie

This weekend I was so proud of some of my Provo friends. All those years together and I finally rubbed off on some of them.

Mallory actually flew in an airplane to visit a FRIEND (no relatives here) and go to the All-Star Game. Wow! This is big time for Mal! Not only did she take a trip to another state by plane, but she did it for a major sporting event. :) I am so proud of my Malpal!

This weekend is a 3-day weekend at BYU and when Ty's weekend trip with his roommates fell through he hopped onto a classmate's road trip to California. Deciding at the last minute to go he had to shuffle some things around, but decided it was all worth it when he took in the view from their beach house in Oceanside. [EDIT] I just found out today that this trip was even more spontaneous than I had really thought. He was invited to go on the trip at 9 am on Thursday morning. With classes, and assignments left to do for the day, he thought he wouldn't be able to go. But after calling them around 11 am he decided he ought to go. So by 11:30 he was in the car and cruising I-15 to the Happiest Place on Earth. Not only was he following my example with a spontaneous trip, but he's going with complete strangers (minus his friend from class) PLUS he ignored his responsibilities ie. class... That is SO me! Go Ty!

Leave Provo for this view? Duh!

This makes me feel that there is still a part of me left in the frozen tundra of Provo. I miss my friends.
LONG LIVE LUMIE!

Today I was thinking about all the things I want to do with my friends, especially once Annette gets back from her mission. And I realized I will have a full-time job by then (hopefully) and won't be able to take the time off. It's so easy to skip a class here and there. But work, that's a different story. Oh well. I always figure out a way to have a great time whereever I am. Good thing I am so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, what i just did this weekend was very Lumanish...and it was fabulous. :) Thanks for rubbing off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here katie. love to have a friend who justifies my spontaneous denials of responsibility for a little bit of fun :)

    ReplyDelete