Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Little Something Different

I'm gonna go a little spiritual here for a minute. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in everything. Today I taught the Sunbeams about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for each one of us. And I truly felt that today.

So right now I am trying to find a job. Who isn't? And it feels like I send out a stack of resumes everyday. The people at the post office in Thriftway are my friends now. I know they look forward to seeing me 2 or 3 times a week. Not only am I desperate to find a job because I want to start my career, but I am also slowly going BROKE. And only slowly because I moved home to save money. And thankfully that is actually helping. I don't spend any money except gas, postage and food maybe once a week. It's wonderful. My parents are so great right now to put up with me.

All week I have been looking forward to today for a chance to fast and ask for extra help at this time. [Let me just tell you that fasting while being a nursery or sunbeams teacher is hard. Well not hard, but it sure doesn't make it easy. Especially when you're serving the best animal crackers ever (the organic ones from Costco!) for snacks.]

I need some guidance as to where I should be looking. My main concern right now is that my personality and drive will not be well-represented on a piece of paper displaying my resume and cover letter. And my DVD, a chance for on air people to show themselves to news directors, only shows my work, not me. When they open my envelope I want them to instantly see that this girl Katie, she's fun, has a love for directing, and would be a great addition to their station.

Yesterday evening I started to feel a sore throat come on. I didn't want to be sick for when my nieces get here this coming week, so I drank a ton of fluids, drank an emergency and tried to get to bed early. Upon waking up I felt the sore throat even worse. My first thought was that I shouldn't fast so that I could drink lots of fluids today. I also thought about not going to church so that I wouldn't get my little Sunbeams sick. I debated it for a few minutes and then decided I would still fast. So among everything else I asked for my throat to feel better so that I would be able to fast. As I was sitting in church I realized the pain I felt when swallowing was gone. And it was gone until earlier this evening. And now it's back almost as bad as it was this morning. But it didn't bother me at all while I was fasting. I know it's small, but it's something that would have kept me from fasting and receiving blessings and guidance that I need right now. The Lord prepares a way for everyone to follow Him!

"...for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." (1Nephi 3:7)

I had a great Sunday. I feel prepared to take on the job world tomorrow. Please someone just hire me.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I don't fast often because I get migraines and puke when I don't eat for an extended time, but when I mini fast I always pray my stomach won't growl during church! Sounds silly? But how awful is it during RS when it's dead silent and your tummy rumbles or makes weird popping noises that sound like toots?! I agree, it's the simple blessings that are so easy to recognize.

    A job will come for u! I'm thinking you should include your FB friend count on your resume, thn they can see how popular and liked you are:). Fun fact: it takes on average about 6 months to find a job.

    ReplyDelete