Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Don't Sleep, I Dream

Sidenote: I love when Kelly Ripa complains about there being no break in between football in and baseball season. Apparently she could do without all the sports topics that Regis brings up in the morning chat on Live. Just days after the Super Bowl was over, Regis was talking about pitchers and catchers getting ready to report to Spring Training in Florida or Arizona. I can't believe this time is here already. Even though last Winter feels like forever ago, I still can't believe it's time for baseball to start up. This begins 9 months of pure bliss for me. :)

Do you remember all your dreams? Lately I have been having some pretty weird ones. Like one NIGHTMARE that keeps happening over and over where a kid from school (elementary through high school) is stalking me. He won't go away. And he keeps attacking me. For fear of him somehow seeing this I won't divulge too much information about him. But it needs to be said, that I haven't thought of this kid AT ALL until I recently saw him here in town. I see him at a place I have been frequently going to. After the second nightmare, I haven't been back to that place. It creeps me out that he is the one giving me nightmares. Is there a reason why we have nightmares anyway? Is it a shift in our normal daily routine that urkes our mind so much to want to scare us while sleeping? When you wake up for one, are you like me and can't fall back asleep for fear of having the same dream? Sometimes I try to think of something real hard so that I can dream about it. But that never happens.

Well last night I had a great dream. Well one of the many dreams I had. While getting ready for bed last night I decided to put on my Cardinals pjs that have been in my drawer since last November when baseball season ended. Actually, probably since last October when the Cardinals season ended. I thought nothing of it, except that it put a smile on my face knowing that baseball season is here! Well apparently my sub concisous loved it too! And I had a dream about being at Opening Day in St. Louis again. Last year was so amazing. It was a wonderful experience and opportunity to finally be at the first home game and in the case of last year's season, the first Cardinals game of the season!

I woke up so excited for this season! I am anxious to see how the team does this year. I hope Waino is bueno again. And I hope Carp is still on his game. Last year those two were amazing. One of them should have received the Cy Young Award... But that's a different post... I hope Freese can work through his whole drama and secure his place at 3rd for the season. I am interested in seeing what Big Mac can do with the hitters. Tony has a lot of faith that he can do it, so I hope he can prove all the haters wrong. I am excited for another wonderful season of Albert Pujols. I still go back and watch this commericial all the time. It still gives me chills. Matt Holliday did great things for our team last summer when he joined it so I hope he can continue that this season. How many web gems can Yadi get this year from behind the plate. I was watching Baseball Tonight the other day and they showed like 5 highlights last year from catchers and one of them was Yadi. I just love that guy. :)

Here's my nephew. And A's fan. Recognizing greatness when he sees it. Now we have him saying that the Cardinals are the best team in baseball. In fact he called me last night to tell me.

1 comment: