Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Please Don't Stop The Music

I love getting new music! My friend has been sending me a few gems here and there that he heard on Pandora. And I've never been a big fan of Pandora. I guess I just never really understood how it works. But because he has been finding a lot of good songs on it, I thought I would give it a try. So now I am Pandora's newest fan. I love that I can put in an artist or song that I love and it will play me music like it. So then I find more music to love. Genius!

So last night I typed in Duffy. And now today I have 15 new songs in my iTunes because of it. First of all, I love the song Warwick Avenue. I only shared a room 3 times while at BYU. First was the dorms. But that was only for a month and a half. My roommate moved out in the middle of October and they never had to put someone else in my room, so luckily I got to have my own space for the rest of freshman year. Then sophomore year I shared a room for a semester. I was living with 5 other girls in a very small space and I couldn't handle it anymore. I am someone who needs her own space. Some place to escape to. So I moved out at the end of the semester. And then 3 years later I moved into a huge townhome/not really a townhome. And I shared the basement room. It was 3 times the size of every other room I've lived in so I figured it would be great. And it was. My friend Maddie moved in and we had a grand ol' time. :) Right, Maddie?? Well back to the reason for this tangent. Because I was in the same room as someone who loved to sing I got a great taste of good tunes. Like the trolley song from Meet Me In St. Louis. and another good one, Warwick Avenue by Duffy.

I can play this song on repeat for hours on end. It's so great! So I asked Pandora to find me more music just like it. And it pulled through. Here are a few songs that I am currently loving:

1. Daydreamer - Adele
2. Little Things - Lily Allen
3. 4 And 20 - Joss Stone
4. Free Me - also Joss Stone (she's just great!)
5. Don't Wait Too Long - Madeleine Peyroux (I LOVE her voice!)
6. Saturdays - Holly Brook
7. 1234 -Feist
8. Nothing Ever Hurt Like You - James Morrison

Music has the power to brighten my day! I hope you love these songs as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment