Friday, January 8, 2010

Your One And Only Source


The past two years I have celebrated Turkey Day in Las Vegas at my brother's house. Oh man 2008 was amazing. N9NE Steakhouse Turkey meal... The food was sooo good. And the pumpkin cheesecake desserts. That was a good Thanksgiving. Anyway, back to the topic. So celebrating Thanksgiving in Vegas also meant that I'd be doing Black Friday shopping there. For some reason the thought of doing the biggest shopping day of the year in Vegas just overwhelmed me. So last year I opted out and got my rest instead.

But this past TG I spotted one thing in the Target ads that I JUST HAD TO OWN. Gossip Girl Season 1 and 2 were only $12!!! Can you believe that?? I already own season 1 from Blockbuster or something when I forgot to return them and just had to pay the fee to buy them. But I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of season 2 since it came out in August. I checked Amazon a few times a week. I just never had the money for it. It would get down as low as $35 and I would think, sweet I'll get it when it goes even lower, and then when I checked Amazon a few days later, it would be back up to $45 or $60. Ugh... I struggled all fall with wanting to just buy it so I could watch the episodes.

At midnight on November 27th Gossip Girl Season 2 was in my hands and I was a happy woman. Bring on the drama!

[Side note: Did you know that on Black Friday you can take other store ads to Wal-Mart at midnight and they will honor everything in there as long as you're getting the exact same thing? (same brand and everything) So on most things from Target and other stores you don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn only to wait 2 hours in line. You can just go to Wal-Mart and get them. You can also get everything in Wal-Mart's ads at that time except the door busters. You're welcome.]

Which brings me to my original point of posting. WHY?? WHY?? WHY?? Is CW making me wait until March for the next episode of season 3?? This is so cruel. I woke up this morning and thought about how it's getting later in January, so my shows should be starting up again. But then it hit me. Not GG. Luckily the Bachelor just started last Monday.

So until then I am left with my nightly (sometimes just a few nights a week) ritual of a gossip girl episode before bed. But if CW were to change their mind and start airing episodes early I wouldn't mind.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment