Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Little Did I Know That Girl Was An Assassin Too

November 17th:
  • the day I flew to Fresno to start my Thanksgiving break
  • the day my necklaces and iPhone charger were stolen from my suitcase while it sat at the horrible PHX airport
  • the day I sat at the PHX airport for 6 hours because my flight has serious issues
  • the day I decided never to fly US Airways ever again
  • but most importantly... the day I bought Battle Studies in the Salt Lake airport at 6 am MST and didn't stop listening to it on repeat until about 3 pm PST
That album has changed my life. I can listen to it anytime, anywhere, for any amount of time. John Mayer's lyrics are so powerful!

Now I have to admit. I heard Who Says and I wasn't completely convinced... It didn't make me want to buy the album when it came out. But I was sitting there in the airport and thought, what better way to spend a full day of traveling then listening to John Mayer's voice.

From Edge of Desire's "I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe. There I just said it, I'm scared you'll forget about me." to Half of My Heart's "Half of my heart is a shotgun wedding to a bride with a paper ring and half of my heart is the part of a man who's never truly loved anything."

Perfectly Lonely is my theme song right now and I LOVE it. "Nothing to dooooo, nowhere to beeee, a simple little kind of free. Nothing to doooo, no one but meeee." AHHHH love this song!!

So why did it take me 2 months to post about this amazing album?? I decided today that I want to go to his concert this year. Well... He's coming to Portland and Seattle when I will be in Spain. So that's out of the question. So I looked up the rest of his tour dates and found out he will be in LA the day before we fly out of LAX for Spain! How amazing. Go see John Mayer one night and then hop on a plane the next night for Europe! Could that week be any better?? I think not. Only problem though, only crappy seats are left. So I got to find some gems on craigslist to purchase.
I am a little sad though that I won't be able to have the same John Mayer concert experience that I had two summers ago in North Carolina (minus the rain and my iPhone breaking because of getting wet) I LOVED sitting on the grass at the outdoor arena and listening to perfect music. Sitting inside a closed arena in uncomfortable seats won't be the same... oh well. Anything to hear him perform live again...

1 comment:

  1. oh crap, i'm flying us airways to boston, you have me scared now!

    ReplyDelete