Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dwight Howard Farted And Then Smiled At Me...


My last week at BYU was a blur. I tried to think today about my last few days in Provo and I seriously couldn't remember a single thing I did... One thing I know I did one of the last weeks was go to the Jazz game with BYU Daily News media passes. This was my last chance and I just wanted to get the experience one more time. I went last year with Maddie when the Jazz played the Blazers. That was fun. Mostly I just wanted to get into the Blazers locker room and talk to Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez. Turns out I tense up in the presence of my favorite players. But it was just being on the court during the game. I had to take advantage of it one last time, so I arranged with a friend to go with me to the Orlando Magic game.

Rules are if you're going to sit on the court with the media you have to be holding a camera. We got busted for that one at the Blazers game. So this time we came prepared and both brought cameras to take video during the game. Turns out there weren't very many media people there anyway that night so there was plenty of room on the court. Plus they had designated a space for us so we got to sit where ever. Obviously we chose to sit next to the Magic bench. I love that the person I was with didn't care about the Jazz either.

Although the Jazz won, it was an exciting game. Vince Carter and Deron Williams were inches away from falling on me. I didn't know how to react. But my favorite was Carter doing his pre-game stretches right in front of me. He walked over to a few feet away from us and proceeded to bend over in stretch. Ya, that wasn't obvious... After the game we shot a few stand-ups and then went to the Magic locker room. And that is definitely where all the Magic happened. We had to stand and wait for at least 20 minutes waiting for Vince Carter and Dwight Howard to get showered and dressed. Howard took the longest by far. He would come out for one thing, go back into the shower, then come back a few minutes later for another thing. But he entertained us while doing this and while getting dressed so it was worth it.

It was a lot of fun. A great way to end my Daily News experience. I now am a big an of Dwight Howard and feel like we are best friends. He will tell you the same thing. He loves me.

Oh p.s. another highlight was seeing Hall of Famer, Patrick Ewing coaching for the Magic. He's a big guy!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! That looks like it was a lot of fun! I was wondering who the friend you went with was. He is very very attractive and looks kind of familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh Garrett... Oops, I mean Anonymous...

    ReplyDelete