Monday, October 10, 2011

Go Ducks!

Thursday night I made my first trip down to Autzen for a Oregon Ducks game. It's funny, I've been to the Rose Bowl game two years ago, the Oregon/LSU game in Dallas this year, and I was about to board a plane for the Natty in Phoenix last year, but I still hadn't been to Autzen til this week.


It was amazing!  We stopped at the Duck store at Washington Square first. I wasn't liking what I was wearing so I splurged and bought a jersey and shirt. Then we headed down to Eugene. The whole experience was amazing. NOTHING at all like a BYU game. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.  From the tailgating, to the attire, to the excitement level of every single fan in the stadium. I definitely chose to the wrong school to go to as far as athletics are concerned. I missed out. But it's alright, I can experience it now.



Although it never rains in Autzen, it started sprinkling right before the start of the game. Then it became heavier. There were a few moments of downpour, but it really wasn't that bad. It stopped for the second quarter. We were all dry by the end of the game. The ducks were losing at the end of the first half, so the superstition in me decided to change things up and go sit with Kelli and Brian for a bit. I stayed with them the whole second half because we were actually winning and I didn't want to ruin that.



Besides the whole LaMichael James getting hurt, it was a fun game. Makes me want to go to more now!  Bring on ASU this Saturday! It's gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment