Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Go Cougs

Two weekends ago (yes I am behind) I had planned on spending my Saturday watching football and organizing all my stuff at my parent's house. I hadn't really touched any of my stuff since I moved at the beginning of the month. But on the way home from work on Friday night circa 11pm I decided that I would rather attend a football game then watch it on TV. So I made arrangements and set my alarm for early the next morning. Saturday I woke up and no sooner was I heading to SLC. (My coworkers tease me that SLC is the only place I go to. Yes, I may fly there a lot, but I go many other places too!) I met my brothers in the airport. Their flight from Vegas got in an hour after mine. Then we headed down to Cougar Town for the BYU vs. Utah football game - The Holy War or The Desert Duel as some like to call it. We stopped at Grandma's to drop our stuff off and visit. Then we met up with some friends at Costa Vida aka Cafe Rio copycat. My Guru's suggestion got knocked down. I was not happy about this. Sometimes I crave those sweet potato fries. If only there was one in SLC, I would be flying in just for lunch at that place. So good. 

After lunch we headed up to campus to get some stuff at the bookstore. I love my little visits back to campus. Especially with Mallory. After nap time and some more visiting we were on our way to the stadium with streamers in hand for all the touchdown celebrations we expected. If only we'd known...


Minus the fact that we lost, it was still fun to be there with friends and family. It was to be able to meet up with old friends that I no longer get to see anymore. Plus we got a picture with Cosmo! 


My plan was to fly out early Sunday morning to get back for my church in Portland, but I decided Saturday night to stay and fly out later so I could go with my brothers to my sister's house for dinner. Finally got to see their new house. Their girls were fun to play with and Bill and Heidi made bomb dinner as always. Plus we were treated to some of Bill's famous apple pie!

Fun weekend. Love my job. Can't wait for the next trip!

2 comments: