Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cowboy Classic

 On Saturday I went to the Oregon vs. LSU game at Cowboy Stadium. My brother, Morty, had two extra tickets so he gave them to my other brother, Nate, and me. They were SRO, so we didn't actually have a seat. But it was still fun to be there with all of the excitement. Despite the loss, I would do it again. (Maybe bring my LSU shirt this time instead... Juuust kidding)

I got off work early on Thursday just in time to catch the last flight to Las Vegas where my brothers live. So Friday morning we got up and all flew together to Dallas. We wore our matching shirts. I had suggested that we do that when I bought them and never thought it would happen. But we all came downstairs in the same shirt that morning. Our connecting flight in ABQ was a plane that had come directly from PDX so it was full of 97 Duck fans already. The few non-Oregon fans definitely felt out of the loop. Luckily I sat right in between two of them. They were both cowboys from TX and Tulsa. I love cowboys!


 After getting settled at the hotel we met up with a friend from BYU. He introduced us to THE BEST BBQ in Dallas. I was a little skeptical of him choosing a good place at first. I wanted some real BBQ, and I was kinda feeling like I was about to be disappointed. Boy was I wrong. We went to Hard Eight BBQ. So first things first, you walk outside to the smoker and you choose the meat that you want. You point to what you want and tell him how many pounds you want. Then they put that on a tray and weigh it and price the meat right there.

  
 Then you walk inside and pick all of your sides. You have so much to choose from: Fries, the most delicious onion rings (you can tell they are homemade), mac and cheese, potato salad, creamed corn, salad, all the fixin's. Then you pay for what you picked and find a seat and eat away.

  
This is the before picture. My brothers and I had two trays together and were sharing it amongst all of us. This was one of the trays. 
 
 This is the after...  This restaurant definitely is something to add to the pro list when deciding if I will move to Dallas. I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. Their brisket is delish!
 We decided not to go to Gameday at the stadium in the morning. We enjoyed lazily waking up and watching football in the hotel room. Man that Auburn game was close. It would have been nice to see Utah State beat them, but alas, the better team always wins. (usually) Morty and I took a halftime break and went to get some Sprinkles cupcakes! Always gotta get my Sprinkles!

Then we headed to lunch at Pappasitos by the Stadium to watch the Alma Mater before heading to the Oregon game. If I had a penny for every time I heard an LSU fan say "Tiger Bait," I'd be rich!  We started just saying it for them. Most of them were three sheets to the wind by the time the game started anyway. After we were done with breakfast at the hotel circa 10am we say the LSU fans leaving their rooms, alcohol in hand, dragging coolers full of more heading out to tailgate. So 8 hours later around game time they were goners. 

 
 I've decided I shouldn't go to any big games anymore. After seeing them lose at the rose bowl and this game I must be bad luck... But it was still fun to cheer on the ducks for the first game of the season. Let's hope the rest of the season pulls out some W's!

Go Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment