Friday, September 16, 2011

Blog Catch Up

I love blogs! I just spent the last hour and a half catching up on old friends via their blogs. Each one inspired me to not only be more consistent at blogging, but to have more interesting posts. Because I feel that everyone else's blogs are more interesting. But maybe that's only because I love knowing what's going on in everyone's lives.

What's going on in mine?

1. I am working a ton right now. I am trying to pick up a few hours here and there so that I can get some extra money saved up for some sunshine getaways when it gets cold and dark here in Portland.

2. Speaking of cold and dark, it rained today. And I am happy. I love jacket weather. Boots and a light jacket/sweater plus a scarf are my fave! Especially this summer. I didn't feel like wearing all my summer skirts I have so I was always struggling to find outfits. So bring on the cold!

3. I also am trying to work more and get more cash flow so I can move out into my own apartment. I am not finding anything I love right now which frustrates me to no end. But I am holding out. No need to rush into a lease if I have a perfectly good place to stay for now.

4. I got a tip today at work. $15! I was helping this guy who missed his flight to BOS by 10 minutes because he read the time wrong. If I were to rebook him on my computer it would have cost him over $200 more than what he paid for his original ticket. I felt bad for the dude and we had no line so I started looking at other options and decided to go on our website to see if there was a cheaper deal. Sure enough I helped him rebook himself online and it didn't cost him a penny extra. So he was very grateful and handed me a tip even though I told him I wasn't allowed to take it. He was cute, so he probably just was hitting on me. Typical. But really I am glad I was able to help him out.

5. My body hurts. In preparation for Hawaii: Dec '11, I am restarting to be serious about working out. Jillian Michaels is affecting me more now than ever before. Once I add regular running with it maybe things will be different.

6. BYU/Utah football game. Do I go? Or stay here in Portland for a relaxing weekend of football all day Saturday?

7. I missed Peanut Butter French Toast by 30 minutes today. So Ben and Lauren and I have started a weekly tradish of going to breakfast every week. We go to a place called Jam. I LOVE it. I always get the same El Paso scramble. The thing I love the most is the portions are gargantuan and I am able to eat leftovers for the next few meals. Well today we went a little early so we could eat before Lauren had to work. As we were finishing up the cook started erasing the daily special and began putting up a new one. Texas Toast filled with peanut butter and white chocolate chips. drizzled with chocolate syrup. I asked the waiter how often that is the special and he said it was the first time he has seen it. So just in case we never saw it again, Ben and I considered ordering it to go for a later meal. After much deliberation we decided to forego the extra food and just press our luck. So cross your fingers it's there next time. Speaking of next time, I was wearing a SWA shirt today and the waiter commented on it and said he remembered seeing me in my uniform last week. Yeah, don't worry about it. We've become regulars. N.B.D.


8. I get to pick up the final product from my hours of painting last friday:


I can't wait to see how the green and yellow turn out. I have decided to make my own dinnerware. I will make one for all my favorite teams.


Ok, that's it for now. Until next time.

1 comment: