Thursday, March 19, 2009

All these places i've been

Speaking of not getting paid at this internship. this means that i don't have much money to do things i love to do like travel and eat out. so after my last trip to wichita, where i spent way more money than i had expected and budgeted out, i decided no more of those little trips. but then the other night as i was driving home from work i thought, how cool is it that i have been to and experienced so many towns all over the U.S.??

from my road trip last summer through North Carolina, D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusettes, Ohio and back to Utah. and my many trips to Fresno. and my jaunt to Wichita and Lawrence, Kansas. and many more.... i can say "i've been there!" and i don't want to be able to say it to feel "cool" in front of anyone. it just is fun to experience so much.

While waiting in the airport for my flight back to st. louis yesterday my cousin called me. he said, "you know you can't be taking all these days off when you have a job." I told him that's why I travel so much right now. I won't get fired if I miss a day or two of my internship or if I skip a class here or there. So I am living it up right now!

in all these places i have a cool story from an experience had specific to that location.

like when we were in florida in 2004 and we went to Vero Beach to watch a shuttle take off from Kennedy Space Center and then we went here and i ate alligator tail!

or when i ate at cracker barrell on my road trip last summer. location: milford, ct


So for the next trip i am looking at... Louisville, KY... Chicago (Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular) ... Cincinnati, OH (Great American Ballpark)

1 comment:

  1. Katie! You're so cute for linking me to the bloggy! ...and thank you for the comment! Wait, where are you interning? A producing internship? Fill me in girl! i miss you around the news room!

    ReplyDelete