Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm In Love

I didn't think this was possible, but I have grown more in love with the Northwest. It's just so beautiful. In my humble opinion the Northwest is God's gift to mankind. He gave us a little taste of heaven on earth. A few weeks ago the trees started blossoming, and flowers started to bloom. Our long driveway is now lined with colors! This is my favorite part of spring. I love driving around and seeing all the flowers growing.

Yesterday I took a trip up to Seattle to check out the city with the help of a friend. I could not have chosen a better day to go. The weather was just perfect. Not too hot and not cold at all. It was in the 70s the whole time. It finally cooled down a bit around 8. I felt like I was in San Diego where it's like 68 degrees every day. One of my favorite things to do is eat outside at restaurants. It makes for a calmer meal because when you're inside the noise level is so high that you have to talk louder to the people at your table to hear each other. Plus who doesn't love sitting outside and letting the sun kiss your skin? We had BOTH lunch and dinner outside. What a treat!

The best way to explore a city is to walk, I think. So we did a lot of walking around. We even got halfway over a bridge and decided to park at the end and walk over it. The skies were so blue, so it made the view so much better. Everywhere I looked, I was in love with the view in front of me.

I have always said that after a few years of a career somewhere else I want to eventually come back to oregon and live. But right now, I don't really want to leave. Although, I will have to live in Seattle so that I can be close to a baseball stadium. Of course.
This is the best picture of the view I got all day. I need to be better and bringing my camera out for pictures. And this was even at night, so you can't tell how beautiful the day was. Plus the fact that it was blurry. We tried to hold the camera steady enough, but my little camera couldn't hack it.

We went up to this neighborhood on a hill. It had the coolest houses! We decided we should live there someday. Especially in the house in the bottom left corner of the picture. It was huge! And had a huge yard- in the middle of a city. One thing I know - I need to have a big yard when I have a family. My backyard growing up made my childhood 500 times better. Especially the days that we mowed a baseball diamond into the grass and played wiffle ball.

Moral of the story. Northwest = best place to live. Especially Beaverton.

2 comments:

  1. HEY! How are you? I just had to tell you that everytime I pass SPrinkles I think of you! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you mentioned perfect san diego and its ideal year-round weather in your post about the Northwest being the most perfect place to live =)

    ReplyDelete