Thursday, April 23, 2009

will the real carly katherine joy luman please stand up

i searched and searched the internet for a clip from one of my favorite christmas movies to illustrate my point more clearly.  but i only found some girl saying it... anyway.  it's the part when kevin goes back to the hotel because harry and marv are chasing him.  and he goes up to the front desk for their help and the mean desk clerk says what's the problem, STOLEN CREDIT CARD???

yep. i never thought it would happen to me.  but my identity has been slightly stolen... somehow someone got ahold of my checking account information and tried to change my mailing address to some texas address.  apparently he was not able to verify important information, so bank of america flagged my account. so the past two days i have been getting declined when i go to purchase something. talk about EMBARRASSING!  good thing i have a credit card for back up.  

so today i went to the bank to figure out why i wasn't able to use my debit card. and after lots of search they found the mailing address problem. so immediately i sat down with the manager and we closed that account and opened a new one.  everything is all worked out now. except that i wasn't looking too good today because of being sick so i didn't want a picture taken of me so i didn't order the cardinals checking account.  but all is well. i hope. i still need to make some phone calls to the credit bureau and have them watch my name and social for 6 months to make sure the thief doesn't have anymore of my information.

on a side note. the manager saw my cardinals check card and proceeded to tell me that colby rasmus (#28) was in there 2 days ago opening up an account.  she said he had a HUGE check. and i asked how much.  she wouldn't tell me... of course. then she said that he just lives downtown a few blocks from the bank and the stadium. but of course she wouldn't tell me where. not that i would do anything with the info.  he's cool. he's cute. but he's not my david freese. (who by the way got sent back down to Triple A a few days ago. :(  my life with freese is over)

No comments:

Post a Comment