Saturday, April 11, 2009

I <3 NY

I just LOVE walking around St. Louis now. The sun is out. Lot’s of people are out walking around. The women’s NCAA final four was in town this past weekend so there were extra people in the city. It’s just nice to walk around and see all the Cardinals fans. I love it. Why have I always lived in cities, and states for that matter, with no MLB teams???

When I am working during the baseball games I try and take my break when the game is about to start. So I walk through the city while all the fans are walking to the game. And of course I am wearing my Cardinals gear so I feel like I am going with them.

But one thing I also love to do downtown. Walk under these.

I feel like I am back in New York City. Underneath the Empire State building. If ever I am missing the city, which is quite often let’s be honest, I just walk down this street. Grab a Jimmy Johns and walk back to work. In those 15 minutes I feel around me the millions of people walking along the sidewalks. The taxi cabs racing down the streets. I hear the honking horns. I feel the humidity (because unfortunately it’s here in the Lou too) and I think, "Who needs to buy a plane ticket to the Big Apple when you’ve got a bit of it right here in the Show Me State."
Plus. Let’s just pretend that the arch is the empire state building or the top of the rock. Besides the fact that you inside the structure instead of on top of it, it’s basically the same thing right? I mean you can see the whole city. You can actually even see TWO states. My favorite: You can watch a cardinals game from up there. Can’t do that in new york.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You are right about the excitement felt in a large city. We are excited for you to share that with us in a FEW WEEKS! I am so glad that you are living your dream and making great memories.

    I didn't understand the "less than sign" and the number three until reading your post and seeing it was a heart. The things that I learn from my children! Morty is here and helped me realize that my iPod earphones might not have been staying in since I didn't realize that there was a right and left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. st. louis is a great city...but i can never forget ny and the memories or rollerblading through central park or frrrrozen hot chocolate at serendipity. thanks for the mems katie!
    oh and ps. i HATE walking under those construction diddys on the sidewalks. i avoid them all the time in vienna cause they make me claustrophobic. i'll even walk in the middle of the street in midday to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete