Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jose Alberto Pujols

What a day for the greatest hitter in baseball. I love what LaRussa said in the post-game interviews. he said something to the affect of “Thank God for acquiring Pujols.”

I apparently am quite interesting to most of the people in the newsroom because I don’t drink and stuff. So many people tell me that they are going to get me to have my first drink. I just laugh and say it won’t happen. One of the photogs/editors asks me everyday when I am going to go to the bar with him after work. Especially in the sports department, they love this whole, “Katie is a Mormon” thing. So much so that that’s usually what they call me.

So we’re watching the game last night and bases are loaded for pujols. (Thanks to Freese of course for leading things off with a pinch-hit double to centerfield.) And the producer turns to me and says, “if he hits a home run we’re going down the street to the grocery store, getting Jack Daniels, and getting you wasted.” I said sure whatever. Well what does pujols do? He hits a freakin GRAND SLAM! Right up into Big Mac land! Man I love that guy! So the producer got all excited that I was going to have my first drink. And I just laughed it off.

Well then pujols comes up next at bat in the game. 2 guys on base. I turn to the producer. “If he hits one out now, then I really will get drunk tonight.” What does Albert do but rip a line drive down left field that goes out just barely in fair territory. DANG ALBERT!

That is why I named my car Albert. That man can deliver. He’s so clutch. Pujols ended the game with 2 HR and 7 RBI and a batting average of .429. Oh and did I mention its only the 6th game of the season? How can you not love him? And he still will tell you that he thinks Manny is the best hitter in the game right now.

So of course I had to go back on my word. But for the rest of the night he wouldn’t stop talking about it and would share it with anyone that would walk in the sports room.

Moral of the story: don’t bet against Albert.

6 comments:

  1. You can tell your coworkers that Mormons don't bet either! But really, tell them your mother suggests that they put their energies towards producing the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you named your Albert.

    I'm going to need to get myself a Pujols shirt for the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops...forgot the word car haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for your next post telling everyone that I told you so about the privacy thing:)...It's such a sweet feeling being able to vent freely among friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. who's this albert pujol? is he a rookie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you are having too much fun to be
    working. Maybe they will give you a bonus for being such a fan

    ReplyDelete