Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Save the Date

November 11, 2011

Also known as
11.11.11

Many years ago (well actually only 3) I was interested in a certain member of the opposite sex. After leaving a voicemail with the said boy and not hearing from him for at least 24 hours I, like most people in my situation would, got a little nervous that his name wouldn’t be flashing on my phone anytime soon.

I have always been a firm believer in making a wish when you see a digital clock read 11:11. But I had never had a wish granted, and so quickly, as this one summer evening. At 11:11 pm I wished that said boy would call me back. No sooner than 11:13 I hear my phone ring and look to see that he is calling.

Since then I believe so much that wishes can be granted.

But there are some rules:
1. You can’t wish on too many things. No 11:11 wishes, eyelash wishes, fountain wishes and so on. You have to pick one thing and stick with it.
2. No sitting around waiting for 11:11 to show up on the clock.
3. And no pointless wishes. You have to really want it to happen. Many times I have happened upon the lucky time on the clock and have not been able to think of a wish good enough. So I let the clock slowly tick to 11:12…

I recently told a good friend that I love making 11:11 wishes and told him that I love it so much that I want to get married on 11.11.11. (Even though that would only make me 26 years old, and I have always said 27, no younger.)

But said friend told me that if I were to get married on that day, he would and I quote “i would think you're the coolest person on the planet if you got married on 11/11/11. just for the record.”

So people, SAVE November 11, 2011. I’ll work on the groom.

2 comments:

  1. um this is creepy but i was totally thinking the other day how feasible and cool it would be to get married on 11/11/11...love you cumin

    ReplyDelete