Saturday, February 28, 2009

Best News

Thanks to the new Jessica Beaumont for the text today.

Even better than the news of in-n-out coming to Utah Valley...

Five Guys is coming to Orem!!!!!

End of March is the predicted date. I seriously can't wait! This makes that new area by the movie theater SOOOOO much better.
I absolutely love Five Guys. I have to owe it all to Matt, who would not stop talking about how good it was. So when it finally came to Utah I tried it and LOVE it. You can put as many toppings on it as you want. It's quick and amazingly delicious. They give you SO many fries. NOt only is the container full of fries, but they dump more in your bag. SO GOOD.
Although I do have to report that I was semi disappointed with my meal today at the new Chesterfield Five Guys. It's about 25 minutes from my house, but just down the road from the building I go to for church. So I hate to admit it, but EVERY sunday it is a temptation. Especially since I get out of church at 2 and am ready for lunch...
So today I made a special trip out to check it out. Not happy. Fries were not as good as they are at the Salt Lake restaurants. The bun was significantly smaller than the patties. It just didn't do it for me.
So I look forward to my return to Utah to enjoy the goodness of this burger joint without having to drive 25-40 minutes... HALLE-freakin-LUJAH!!!
p.s. Mom you should check it out. There's one on Cedar Hills Blvd. Be warned, the regular burger is HUGE with two patties, so order the little burger or split the regular one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I have seen it; it is over by the Walker Road JoAnne Fabrics. I noticed it after riding in the car with you and you screaming the moment you saw the Five Guys by your church (I thought we were about to be hit by a car or something!). Dad and I will have to ride our bikes over there and split a meal. Friday we road our bikes to go to dinner at Azteca since we had a coupon for a free meal. The mistake was ordering two meals and then riding back. The way back home is uphill from everywhere! It wasn't comfortable with a stomach full of beans! Thnaks for the warning on the large servings.

    ReplyDelete