Monday, December 12, 2011

Albert Pujols

Everyone keeps asking me my thoughts of the Angels' acquisition of the greatest baseball player. I am so tired of talking about it. From now on, I will refer them to this blog.

First of all, I am ok. Haven't shed a tear. "I won't cry, I won't cry. No I won't shed a tear." I was slowly getting over Pujols this past season. For some reason, I just knew we wouldn't be able to keep him. So I was prepared. Personally, I am glad the Cardinals did not go broke over him. Ten more years is a long time for Pujols to be playing. He'll see soon enough why the Cardinals weren't willing to take that financial risk. It was smart of him to go to an AL team, so that a few years down the road, he can just DH. And I am pretty sure he'll be good at that. But probably not 25 million good. Pujols making 25 mil a year makes me realize how little I make. hmm. At least I can fly for free right?? Right??

I will still consider him one of the greatest players of all time. Those great years were spent in my ballpark and for that I am happy. He will do well in LA. And I am sure the fans will love him immediately. But always know this, we were the fans that never boo'd him for not running out a ground ball. We were the fans that loved him on his 0 for days. I will always be a fan of Pujols.

One more thing: Glory Glory Hallelujah, Pujols is not wearing a big, blue C on his jersey. I wouldn't have given up baseball if that had happened.

Good luck to my good friend Craig Berrett and your Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

p.s. Freese is the new Pujols. Just saying...

This is an interview my favorite sports broadcaster, Rene Knott, had with Pujols and Deidre. p.s. Rene agrees with me on the above statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment