Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why Do They Hate Your Bags?


Read this:


I travel a lot. I love going places. And my preferred way to get there is and has always been Southwest Airlines. Actually, when I was really young I did like TWA. But they're not around anymore and I probably only liked them because that's really all I ever knew.

I had an experience while traveling on Southwest Airlines that I will never forget. I was about 7 or 8 years old. I was traveling with at least 2 of my older brothers to go visit my dad in St. Louis. Being the youngest and a sister I was teased all the time. And this didn't stop in the air either. So after awhile one of the flight attendants noticed me traveling with my brothers and asked me to come to the front of the plane with him. His name was Buddy. He was really nice. I am not good with names at all. So remembering his name tells you how great this experience was. He had me sit down on the flight attendant's seat and he began fixing a bowl of ice cream for me! It even had chocolate syrup on it. Not only did he give me ice cream, but I am pretty sure one of my brother's came up to the front with me. So he had to sit there while I enjoyed a treat. :) I have always been a little uneasy about flying. It used to be 8 times out of 10 I would get queasy during the flight. So I would dread flying. (Now it has gotten a lot better) I swear for the next year after this experience I looked forward to flying! And I always looked for Buddy after that. Still do.

What company hires genuine, nice people like Buddy? I am convinced Southwest Airlines does not hire anyone that has ever been in a bad mood. Because it's rare to find an employee that isn't smiling, helpful and genuinely interested in making your flying experience magical! As I sit down in my seat on a flight I look forward to seeing what fun things are in store. Have you met a Southwest flight attendant that does not sing and dance? And who doesn't love their bags fly free commercials right now?


Why do they hate your bags?


As I read this article, I kept getting goosebumps thinking that I may have a chance to work for this company. May 27th can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment