Monday, May 10, 2010

Catastrophic Failure

I am a big fan of Gmail. I love discovering new and exciting (to me) things about it. When I realized you could actually move emails into a folder instead of just labeling them. Loved that. Love the color-coding. It helps a lot in folders with too many emails. I love the chat function. It is the simplest way to video chat with someone. Today I found something new with Gmail that will really save my life...

A common mistake I make while sending emails is I forget to add the attachment. I have done it multiple these past few months when I have sent my resume to an employer. I tell them in the email my resume is attached and then once I hit send I realize I forgot to attach it. Then I contemplate which would be worse: sending the email again with the attachment and an apology, or just forgetting about that job because they probably think I am incompetent now anyway.

Well just a few minutes ago I almost made the mistake again, expect when I clicked to send I got a popup (like the ones that say you are sending an email without a subject line...) that said, did you forget the attachment?

Genius!

Then while checking my local library for some good books I came across this funny page.

I was trying to put a hold on a book and something went wrong. But instead of it just being a failure and telling me to try again, it was a "catastrophic failure" sounds scary. I x'd out of the page immediately before my computer blew up. (after stopping to press function F8 to take a screen shot first, of course) I am excited to encounter another problem on that website to see the different levels of failures. Unless they just consider everything that goes wrong to be catastrophic.

I love the laughs technology brings me on a daily basis. It's the simple things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment