Monday, June 29, 2009

what is a reservation, anyway??

today i turned the tv on and thought, i could go for a good Seinfeld episode right now. so i flipped the channels and viola... anyway, not only was there seinfeld, but it was about something i just recently experienced... i totally knew what jerry was feeling (even though i know he really wasn't "feeling")

my last week in st louis i had to rent a car. i drove my parents old car out to the lou and they wanted me to sell it instead of driving it back home. plus i had a very important baby shower to get to only 2 days after my last day of the internship, so it would have been cutting it close to drive out to california. so i sold the car. (easily i might add) but they needed it before i was done so i rented a car.

i went online. made a few calls. found the best deal. made my reservation. but when the day came to get picked up by enterprise, i received a phone call saying that they were busy and would be there a little bit later. she told me 30 minutes. then an hour goes by and a i give them a call. now they are telling me there are no rental cars on their lot and they are trying to ask another enterprise in the area for an extra car. this time she told me she would call me in a just a little bit to let me know. another hour goes by. still no phone call. i call them again now, i am getting picked up in 15 minutes. another hour later they come to get me.

the whole point of the story was that the reason why i got a car was for the convienence. and them being late, and lying to me about when they would come was not convienent. and i had planned to write a letter to the company letting them know, but then i went to california and forgot about everything. but then 2 weeks later, while in cali i get a call from them. they wanted to go over the charges. like they were just checking in the car right then. 2 weeks later! they are crazy.

anyway watching seinfeld today made me laugh so hard because they were my exact same thoughts. so enjoy peeps. i will now draft my wonderful letter to enterprise about my amazing customer service experience.

2 comments:

  1. I literally JUST watched that episode. As in - I just turned it off, turned on my computer, and randomly looked at your blog. Also, it's the best Seinfeld episode EVER. When they were telling you about the extra charges - you should've been like "THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!!!!!!" That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I LOVE Seinfeld. I truly watch Seinfeld episodes and totally relate to what is happening to them. It's real life!

    ReplyDelete