Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hygiene Checklist

This afternoon I boarded the blue line train in beaverton heading towards my apartment downtown. After only having a handful of cheerios for breakfast I was pretty hungry and getting to the point of feeling sick to my stomach from the hunger. After I got on a very large woman boarded the train wearing a sleeveless dress. All of a sudden I got a whiff of her stench and almost lost it. Why do people choose not to wear deodorant? How do you not smell yourself when you smell that bad?  Unfortunately I was 15 minutes from my apartment when she got on. Every time she moved we would get a fresh smell. 

When I have my own world I am going to add a few rules non existent to this one.

Rule #1: if you plan on riding public transportation you must complete a checklist prior to boarding the bus or train. If you do not answer yes to all of these, you may not board.

1. Did you shower?
2. Did you brush your teeth?
3. Did you apply deodorant?
4. Did you brush your hair?
4. Have you recently washed the clothes that you are wearing?
5. Do you wash your hands after going to the bathroom?

This shirtless guy did not pass. In my world, he would not be able to board.

p.s. as I am typing this post, 2 smelly people have walked past me to get off the train. Showers people!!


No comments:

Post a Comment