Monday, October 26, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

In my soccer game 2 WEEKS AGO i was playing goalie. and some guy that plays on the men's soccer team for BYU had the ball and dribbled it as close as he could to the goal and then shot it as HARD AS HE COULD. I stopped it with my body, but I felt like it sent me back into the goal... it hurt SOOOOO bad! and that night i had a raised mark of a soccer ball on my leg. This picture doesn't do it justice. then the next day it was just a normal mark that i thought would go away. in fact i was so excited to show it to some people and was worried that i wouldn't get to show them before it faded away. well IT'S STILL THERE! there's no way of getting rid of it. i hope it's not permanent... but hey, at least i stopped the ball, right? this reminds me of when my mom was always so worried watching me in goal. she always was scared i was going to get kicked in the face. i was fearless then. i have loved being back in the goal for some of my games. i love the rush of adrenaline. i miss playing in high school. my freshman year was the most fun i had. those were my glory days.

1 comment: