Saturday, August 29, 2009

birdie birdie birdie birdie

i am back from a very fun trip to california.  did a lot of fun things, had lots of beach time, went to lots of baseball games, and ate at lots of great places.  

while in temecula, my friend and i went golfing.  in order to make things smoother, i decided to play from the men's tees with him.  i'm a bogey golfer.  i don't play very much, but i can keep up with anybody.  i get pars often, but mostly bogeys.  i rarely get a birdie.  it just never happens for me. i have had multiple birdie putts that probably should have gone in.  but of course i blow it.  
but on this one day of golfing at temeku hills golf course i had a shot for a birdie.  hole #4. Par 5. i hit an okay shot off the tee.  my next shot was not so good. it went off the fairway a bit. my third shot i got it uphill up on the green, but since i was downhill i couldn't see exactly where it landed and where the pin was. i remember my friend getting up to the green first and telling me i was only about 6 feet from the hole.  i got so excited.  this was a chance for a birdie.  well this guy was on our tails and my friend suggested we let him play through and i said no way.  we are finishing this hole right now.  i didn't want to lose my momentum.  so we finished it, my ball went in the hole and i jumped for joy.  my first birdie in temecula.  from the men's tees.  i was beaming for hours after (in between moping because i wasn't playing well on the back 9)



also, this beauty of a swing earned me a free twix on hole #9.  we had a driving contest.  with me still playing from the men's tees. which presented a slight challenge. but i rose to the occasion. it a smooth, solid shot and rocketed that ball up the fairway.  my friend got pretty close to me. in fact we probably hit the same distance, but his went in bushes off the cart path so he was penalized a few yards.
the back 9 = not my best stuff.  a few mental breakdowns happened. but upon finishing i was grateful for a fun day on the golf course. any day i can play 18 holes is a good day.  i love to golf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment